The Nintendo Switch is a bit of a monster hit. While there was certainly intrigue around the console on its launch, I don’t think that many were projecting the instant success it got. It’s been a big win for Nintendo, a company who probably could have used one in the home console market after the Wii U. And now we have hard numbers on how well it has sold.
Nintendo announced that the Switch has surpassed 10 million sales in just nine months on Twitter, saying:
— Nintendo UK (@NintendoUK) December 12, 2017
For those wondering, that is a lot. It’s not quite on track with the Wii, but it is in touching distance. Remember, the Wii is one of the best-selling consoles of all time, so this isn’t shabby at all. It’s been an excellent year for Nintendo, and the Switch has made them relevant in the ‘gamer’ space in a way they haven’t been in a long time. I expect them to push on from here, and I have no doubt the future of the console is looking great.
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Style Open World Pokemon Game Possibly “Still on the Cards” - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018