The Nintendo Switch is a bit of a monster hit. While there was certainly intrigue around the console on its launch, I don’t think that many were projecting the instant success it got. It’s been a big win for Nintendo, a company who probably could have used one in the home console market after the Wii U. And now we have hard numbers on how well it has sold.
Nintendo announced that the Switch has surpassed 10 million sales in just nine months on Twitter, saying:
— Nintendo UK (@NintendoUK) December 12, 2017
For those wondering, that is a lot. It’s not quite on track with the Wii, but it is in touching distance. Remember, the Wii is one of the best-selling consoles of all time, so this isn’t shabby at all. It’s been an excellent year for Nintendo, and the Switch has made them relevant in the ‘gamer’ space in a way they haven’t been in a long time. I expect them to push on from here, and I have no doubt the future of the console is looking great.
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018
- Anthem Gets Story Trailer Showing Off Impressive Cutscenes - December 6, 2018
- Far Cry: New Dawn Shows Off Beautiful Post-Apocalypse World - December 6, 2018
- Ubisoft is Teasing a Nuclear Far Cry to be Revealed at The Game Awards - December 6, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Black Armory is a Bizarre First Week Experience as You Can’t Really Play It [Update] - December 5, 2018