Syfy has every reason to be ecstatic (…thought I was going for a joke there, didn’t you?) this week, with the debut of Christopher Meloni/Patton Oswalt-starrer Happy! scoring the best Live+3 ratings since the series premiere of The Magicians in January 2016. Based on Image Comics’ 2012 graphic novel series from Grant Morrison (Super Gods) and Darick Robertson (The Boys), the series scored not only an impressive overall rating but also strong numbers across all key demos in data released by both Syfy and Nielsen.
‘Saint Nick’ delivered 1.708 million viewers (total viewers) and 779,000 adults 18-49; and was the top ranked basic cable new original scripted series in the fourth quarter of 2017 in the key adults 18-34 demo with 271,000 viewers. Happy! also made a serious impact on social media, drawing more than 212 million impressions on Twitter alone.
Just in case you need a little refresher on what you might have missed or you’re coming to the party a little late, here are a few things from Syfy to get you up to speed. First, we have a behind-the-scenes featurette on what viewers not familiar with the graphic novel series can expect from the series; the actual pilot episode of the first season, ‘Saint Nick’; and a sneak preview/overview of Wednesday’s Episode 2, ‘What Smiles Are For’:
Happy! s01e02 ‘What Smiles Are For’: Sax (Christopher Meloni) crashes a high-stakes poker game to win guns and cash for an escape from New York as Happy (Patton Oswalt) tries to convince him he’s a father, and ex-wife Amanda (Medina Senghore) and ex-lover Merry (Lili Mirojnick) team up to rescue Hailey (Bryce Lorenzo).
Don’t forget to join Bleeding Cool every Wednesday night at 10:00 pm ET for Happy Trails, our live-blog of the entire ten-episode season. We’ll have the live-blog post go live at 9:00 pm ET for some “pre-game” fun so make sure to check out Bleeding Cool’s website (www.bleedingcool.com) and Twitter accounts (@bleedingcool, @bleedingcooltv, @bcoolfilm) for updates…and we’ll see you Wednesday night!
- Bib Fortuna Gets a Sweet Bust From Gentle Giant
- [Tribeca 2018] ‘Love, Gilda’ Review: A Touching Tribute to a Prime-Time Talent - April 26, 2018
- [Tribeca 2018] ‘Cobra Kai’ Review: Sequel Series Strikes First, Strikes Hard - April 26, 2018
- Siren Season 1, Episode 5 ‘Curse of the Starving Class’ Review: Water is Thicker Than Blood - April 26, 2018
- The Purge: William Baldwin Enlists in USA Network/Syfy Series - April 25, 2018
- Dear White People Vol. 2 Trailer Finds Sam Back on the Air, Facing Online Stalker - April 25, 2018