Sony has chosen Ari Sandel (The Duff) to direct Goosbumps 2, but they still haven’t decided which story their doing. Deadline reports that the studio has two versions in development. One of the scripts is by Rob Lieber (Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day), and both scripts are adaptations of different stories from the R.L. Stine novel series.
Sandel won an Oscar for Best Short Film in 2007 for West Bank Story and has recently completed the film When We First Met with Alexandra Daddario, Robbie Amell, and Adam Devine.
Goosebumps, the 2015 film, starred Jack Black and pulled in a global total of $150.17 million for Sony. Black’s return to the franchise depends on the script choice, only one of the two being worked on includes the character of Stine.
The first film was directed by Rob Letterman and told the story:
“A teenager teams up with the daughter of young adult horror author R. L. Stine after the writer’s imaginary demons are set free on the town of Madison, Delaware.”
The original Goosebumps series ran from 1992 to 1997 and contained 62 books. Various spinoffs have happened since bringing the total number of books to 196… that’s a lot of source material to base movies on. The series has sold over 350 million books worldwide in 32 languages.
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween
- [Spoiler-Free] Star Wars: The Last Jedi Review: The Spark That Will Ignite the Saga for Years to Come
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018