The CW has released a new key art for the upcoming DCTV drama series Black Lightning. The series comes from producers Salim Akil, Mara Brock Akil, and Greg Berlanti. It is based on the DC Comics character created in 1977 by Tony Isabella and Trevor Von Eeden.
Black Lightning tells the story of former hero now school principal Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams). A father of two girls that left his days of being a lightning powered masked vigilante behind nine years ago and now runs a charter high school. He left because of the damage having a dual life was doing to his family. But without Black Lightning on the streets, crime and corruption has spread through his community, and all the people Pierce loves are danger because of a local gang. This leads to Black Lightning’s return.
The poster shows Nafessa Williams as Anissa Pierce, Cress Williams as Black Lightning, and China Anne McClain as Jennifer Pierce. Though the show is not officially part of the Arrowverse, by being produced by Berlanti it could merge in similar to the way Supergirl did.
Black Lightning premieres Tuesday, January 16th at 9 p.m. on The CW.
- Humpty Dumpty: Why Do We Think He Was an Egg? - January 20, 2018
- Flash Season 4: Is There a Speedster-Centric Episode This Season? - January 20, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: The Show is Casting a Young Barack Obama - January 20, 2018
- Black Lightning Repeat Beats New Episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - January 20, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 8 Recap: The Last Day - January 20, 2018