One of the most pleasant surprises in recent years of streaming service original dramas, Mozart in the Jungle is coming back for its fourth season on Amazon. The series, based on Blair Tindall‘s autobiography Mozart in the Jungle: Sex, Drugs, and Classical Music, the story follows an oboist with the New York Symphony (which Blair was) and the world she finds herself in.
Mozart was developed for television by Roman Coppola, and the series has been rewarded with a slew of critical acclaim, two Golden Globe wins for best series and best lead actor (Gael García Bernal), as well as nominations and sound mixing wins from the Emmys.
The first trailer for season four hit Twitter this morning:
— Mozart in the Jungle (@MITJAmazon) December 11, 2017
The fourth season of the show features another notable guest star — nothing new for the series, as in season three Monica Bellucci played a feisty Italian opera singer. But I’m talking about John Cameron Mitchell, the man behind the force of nature that is Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Sure, maybe it’s only for an episode, but I am tickled he’ll be sharing the small screen with Bernadette Petters, Malcolm McDowell, Lola Kirke, and Saffron Burrows.
The AV Club got to sit down and talk to series star Garcia recently, and while he doesn’t give anything away about the new season, he’s delightful as always.
Mozart in the Jungle returns to Amazon for its fourth season on February 16th, 2018.
- John Cameron Mitchell Joins Mozart In The Jungle
- Amazon Pilots Will Return To Twitch With Three New Shows
- Watch: Trailer For Animated Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay Movie - January 17, 2018
- Let’s Talk About the American Crime Story: Versace Premiere - January 17, 2018
- NBC’s Olympic Opening Ceremony Hosts for PyeongChang Announced - January 17, 2018
- Let’s Talk ABout America’s Next Top Model Cycle 24 Episode 2 - January 17, 2018
- Flash Standalone Film ‘Flashpoint’ May Have Found Its Directors - January 16, 2018