It’s not a Marvel movie/show until you see the face of Smilin’ Stan Lee. The 94-year old has mad appearances in most of the films and television series based on Marvel properties, though some cases it’s as simple as a picture of him on the wall. Either way, it doesn’t feel right until Stan the Man shows up. EW.com is reporting that will be happening on an upcoming episode of Marvel’s Runaways, the new series on Hulu. The site had a first look:
Here the co-creator of most of the early days of Marvel Comics shows up as a limo driver during the episode debuting on Tuesday.
Executive producer Josh Schwartz said:
We heard it was something he was potentially interested in doing. Since we shoot in Los Angeles, it seemed more possible that we might be able to get him to come. Then, we created various scenarios that would be fun to pull him into.
Lee has appeared in more than 30 films playing a variety of character including a FedEx driver, a Librarian, A DJ at a strip club and campus security. In the most recent Guardians of the Galaxy film, James Gunn made a nod to all of his appearances by having Lee talk to the Watchers, a group of aliens in the Marvel Universe that observer everything.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018