We’ve been contacted by Workshoppa.se about an upcoming comics event they are running in the New Year to get your new year off to a good start comic making wise, especially for aspiring comics artists.
Taking place on Wednesday January 10th, 2018, they will be hosting a Comics Illustration Workshop, which naturally is much easier for you to get to if you live in Malmö, Sweden. The class costs 200kr, and can be signed up to now. Here’s more info about the event, which they describe here as:
Drawing is an incredibly powerful and useful communicative tool but it’s also one of those skills you often hear people saying they “can’t do”. Well, there are there are definitely tips, tricks, skills and things you can do to make your work more dynamic and authentic. The aim of Comic Illustration workshop is to build confidence and practice in a constructive environment.
In the first Comic Illustration session we’ll cover:
– Basic sketching,
– 3D drawing techniques,
– Human form,
– Looking at inspiration and reference material.
No prior skills are essential but an interest and a thirst to get stuck in and try new things would be great. If you’ve ever tried drawing something, bought a sketchbook and then given up then this is definitely the workshop for you.
Your teacher will be Tom Jones. “I’m a primary teacher by trade but drawing and sketching are part of my daily routine.”
Date: 10th of January 2018
Place: Bodekullsgatan, Malmö
Price: 200 kr
A good day to get some hints and tips no matter your skill level, whether you’re just starting off or wanting to brush up on some techniques. So if you are in the area, you may want to check it out.
- 2017 Television Countdown #4: The Steven Universe Accidental Racism Apology - December 31, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Speculation: Is Doctor Manhattan Posing as a DC Superhero? - December 29, 2017
- Eugenic #3 Review: The Horror Ends with a Look at the Horrors of Ignorance - December 27, 2017
- Well, Does Anyone Like the ‘Jubilee is a Vampire’ Idea? - December 27, 2017
- A Major Unexpected Return in Today’s Spider-Men II #5 - December 27, 2017