For 19 years, Disney’s Grand Floridian Hotel has featured a very special holiday decoration: a life-sized gingerbread house! The Grand Floridian pastry team, led by Executive Pastry Chef Erich Herbitschek, spent more than 500 hours bringing this completely edible home to life. You can even buy gingerbread treats for yourself or for decoration. The house is 17 feet tall, has a 200 lb chocolate Santa, 15 hidden Mickeys, and it smells like cinnamon and gingerbread. Over 10,000 pieces of gingerbread are dipped in chocolate for the house, making it a food lover’s dream come true. The house will be on display until January 1st, so you still have time to check it out!
- Nerd Food: Super-Powered Mixed Drinks from El Chingon - July 18, 2018
- Nerd Food: We Try the Mind Stone Mojito and Asgardian Lager at Havana 1920 - July 18, 2018
- Nerd Food: Don’t Worry, This Maleficent Cake Jar Won’t Put a Spell on You - July 17, 2018
- Nerd Food: Flying Dog Bleacher Beer is Summer in a Can - July 17, 2018
- Don’t Be Crabby! Relax with Sweet Suds’ Rainbow Crab Bath Bomb [VIDEO] - July 17, 2018