Hearthstone has just launched its Kobolds and Catacombs expansion, and Blizzard has just put out a pretty wild trailer to get people excited.
The pretend-’80s/’90s film or ad thing is pretty played out at this point, but even that being the case, this is pretty charming. Based on the look of old fantasy films and TV shows, it’s a cool way to celebrate the launch. It’s drawing from, if not so much Dark Crystal and The Neverending Story, the budget version of those kinds of movies. So that makes this a tribute to low-cost fantasy films of the ’80s that were also trying to be like other fantasy films in the ’80s. Whatever is the case, it works.
Battlefront II‘s Janina Gavankar is also here, falling in love with King Togwaggle, who is also credited as being the director and writer of the film. It’s a real passion project on his part.
Take a look:
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Style Open World Pokemon Game Possibly “Still on the Cards” - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018
- Blizzard Seem Confident That Diablo III Will Get Cross-Console Play - October 12, 2018