Hearthstone has just launched its Kobolds and Catacombs expansion, and Blizzard has just put out a pretty wild trailer to get people excited.
The pretend-’80s/’90s film or ad thing is pretty played out at this point, but even that being the case, this is pretty charming. Based on the look of old fantasy films and TV shows, it’s a cool way to celebrate the launch. It’s drawing from, if not so much Dark Crystal and The Neverending Story, the budget version of those kinds of movies. So that makes this a tribute to low-cost fantasy films of the ’80s that were also trying to be like other fantasy films in the ’80s. Whatever is the case, it works.
Battlefront II‘s Janina Gavankar is also here, falling in love with King Togwaggle, who is also credited as being the director and writer of the film. It’s a real passion project on his part.
Take a look:
- Halo Infinite Won’t Have a Battle Royale Mode - July 20, 2018
- Todd Howard Doesn’t Want to Remaster Morrowind - July 20, 2018
- Microsoft Controls Whether Alan Wake and Quantum Break Get Sequels, Says Remedy - July 18, 2018
- Base Game and Previous Expansions Now Part of World of Warcraft’s Subscription - July 18, 2018
- Destiny 2 Adds Bounties Back into the Game Alongside Other Improvements in New Patch - July 18, 2018