Hearthstone has just launched its Kobolds and Catacombs expansion, and Blizzard has just put out a pretty wild trailer to get people excited.
The pretend-’80s/’90s film or ad thing is pretty played out at this point, but even that being the case, this is pretty charming. Based on the look of old fantasy films and TV shows, it’s a cool way to celebrate the launch. It’s drawing from, if not so much Dark Crystal and The Neverending Story, the budget version of those kinds of movies. So that makes this a tribute to low-cost fantasy films of the ’80s that were also trying to be like other fantasy films in the ’80s. Whatever is the case, it works.
Battlefront II‘s Janina Gavankar is also here, falling in love with King Togwaggle, who is also credited as being the director and writer of the film. It’s a real passion project on his part.
Take a look:
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Gets An Iron Spider Suit From Avengers: Infinity War as Pre-Order Bonus - April 26, 2018
- The Nintendo Switch Has Sold Over 17 Million Units - April 26, 2018
- Nintendo is Getting a New President in June - April 26, 2018
- Bryce Dallas Howard and B.D. Wong Join Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic World Evolution - April 25, 2018
- BioWare Developer Hints that Dragon Age 4 is Actually in the Works - April 25, 2018