Hearthstone has just launched its Kobolds and Catacombs expansion, and Blizzard has just put out a pretty wild trailer to get people excited.
The pretend-’80s/’90s film or ad thing is pretty played out at this point, but even that being the case, this is pretty charming. Based on the look of old fantasy films and TV shows, it’s a cool way to celebrate the launch. It’s drawing from, if not so much Dark Crystal and The Neverending Story, the budget version of those kinds of movies. So that makes this a tribute to low-cost fantasy films of the ’80s that were also trying to be like other fantasy films in the ’80s. Whatever is the case, it works.
Battlefront II‘s Janina Gavankar is also here, falling in love with King Togwaggle, who is also credited as being the director and writer of the film. It’s a real passion project on his part.
Take a look:
- Monster Hunter: World’s Third Beta Is Under Way on PlayStation 4 - January 19, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII Was the Best-Selling Game of 2017, Says Analyst Group - January 19, 2018
- Stardew Valley Was the Most Downloaded Game on Nintendo Switch Last Year - January 19, 2018
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Gets New Release Date For PC - January 19, 2018
- Attack on Titan 2 Shows Off Trailers For Gameplay on Both Nintendo Switch and PlayStation Vita - January 19, 2018