To go along with announcement of the season two premiere date for One Day at a Time, they had the current cast recreate the opening for the classic Norman Lear created series that ran from 1975 to 1984. Though the Netflix series is going into season 2 they chose to recreate the original series season 3 credits… with a couple minor changes.
The new series stars Isabella Gomez, Rita Moreno, Justina Machado, Marcel Ruiz, Todd Grinnell and Stephen Tobolowsky. The original stared Bonnie Franklin, MacKenzie Phillips, Valerie Bertinelli, Pat Harrington Jr., Nanette Fabray and Richard Masur.
With the release, Netflix says:
“The Alvarez Family is throwing it back, reimagining the original credits of the 1970s One Day At A Time to celebrate the announcement of season 2, launching January 26 on Netflix.”
You have to appreciate that not only did they match hairstyles as best they could, but the even shot it in the same screed dimension as the original series.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018