To go along with announcement of the season two premiere date for One Day at a Time, they had the current cast recreate the opening for the classic Norman Lear created series that ran from 1975 to 1984. Though the Netflix series is going into season 2 they chose to recreate the original series season 3 credits… with a couple minor changes.
The new series stars Isabella Gomez, Rita Moreno, Justina Machado, Marcel Ruiz, Todd Grinnell and Stephen Tobolowsky. The original stared Bonnie Franklin, MacKenzie Phillips, Valerie Bertinelli, Pat Harrington Jr., Nanette Fabray and Richard Masur.
With the release, Netflix says:
“The Alvarez Family is throwing it back, reimagining the original credits of the 1970s One Day At A Time to celebrate the announcement of season 2, launching January 26 on Netflix.”
You have to appreciate that not only did they match hairstyles as best they could, but the even shot it in the same screed dimension as the original series.
- Read Sheena #1 Free from Dynamite’s 2017 Blockbuster Holiday Bundle - December 14, 2017
- DC in DC: MLK Weekend Filled with DC Superheroes and Premieres - December 14, 2017
- Exclusive Look Inside Elfquest: The Final Quest #23 - December 14, 2017
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1: Looking at the Blu-Ray Release - December 14, 2017
- Exclusive First Look at the Women of Dynamite Titles Shipping March 2018 - December 14, 2017