Last week saw the long-awaited return of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, but things were very different. The premiere picked up a little bit before the season four finale and showed us the man who led the team being taken, only to see them put in front of a similar obelisk to the one from season two and three — only to then be transported to a station in space where humans are treated like slaves by the Kree.
There were a few big reveals in the two-hour premiere of SHIELD Season 5. Those included the discovery that they weren’t moved through space, but rather time. The team, except Fitz, is roughly 100 years in their own future, give or take 20. The station is floating in the orbit around what is left of the Earth, this is the last remnants of humanity, and Daisy Johnson (Chloe Bennett) is the reason it all happened. Now, Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) has been taken by the Kree Kasius (Dominic Rains), and Daisy wants to get her back. Deke (Jeff Ward), tries to talk sense into her, telling her that the Kree will take her actions out on all the humans. When she pushes back, he says, “There she is. Quake, destroyer of worlds.” That seemed to hit a nerve.
Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD Season 5 airs Fridays at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018