SYFY has released a new teaser trailer for their upcoming series Krypton. From executive producer David S. Goyer and showrunner Damian Kindler, this new series takes a look at Superman’s grandfather Seyg-El played by Cameron Cuffe as he works to restore honor to the House of El. It also stars Georgina Campbell as Lyta Zod, Ian McElhinney as Val-El, Eliot Cowan as Daron-Vex and Shaun Sipos as Adam Strange.
The synopsis for the series says: Based on DC Comics characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, Krypton is set two generations before the destruction of the legendary Man of Steel’s home planet. It follows Superman’s grandfather — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed — as he fights to redeem his family’s honor and save his beloved world from chaos.
This is an area of Superman’s history that hasn’t really been explored before, but it has the feel of the Krypton that we saw in Man of Steel with Russell Crowe as Jor-El. It also changes up history a bit having Adam Strange, a contemporary of Kal-El, now being tied to Seyg-El. And since Adam is from Earth, what era is he coming from?
No specific released date has been given other than 2018.
- DC Multiverse Figures Finally Get Their Act Together
- Read Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files: Fool Moon #1, Part of Dynamite’s Latest Digital Bundle - March 22, 2018
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom to Appear on iZombie - March 22, 2018
- Magicians Season 3, Episode 11: Messing Around with Time - March 22, 2018
- Supernatural Season 13: Things are Going to Get Rough for Sam - March 22, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: Will We Learn Who Destroyed the World? - March 22, 2018