There have been a couple racing game disappointments of late. Forza Motorsport 7, Gran Turismo Sport and Need for Speed: Payback all had caveats, leaving plenty looking towards the future for the next big racing hit. For many, that’s The Crew 2. In this title we won’t just be driving around in cars, though — we will also get to speed in boats and fly in planes. Sadly, that’s going to be little longer of a wait than originally anticipated.
Ubisoft has announced that the title is being pushed back from an expected March 2018 release to a broader “April to September” one. In a post on the game’s website, the development team said:
“While we’re excited to share the joys of Motornation with you as soon as possible, we don’t want to do so before the game is ready. This new window will allow us to deliver an experience that fulfils both our fans’ and our own quality expectations.”
Sadly, this means we have a bit of a wait on our hands, and it’s hard to know how big with such a big window left open. Just hold tight, though. Before you know it, you will get to travel across the US, be it by car, bike, boat or plane. I like the ambition of this thing. Here’s hoping it delivers.
- Forza Motorsport 7 To Add Halo-Themed Racing Suits
- Ubisoft Will Be Giving You a Free Vs. Mode in Mario + Rabbids Today
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Developer Wants Better IP Protection from Copycats - December 15, 2017
- Company of Heroes 2 Is Free on Humble Bundle Until Tomorrow - December 15, 2017
- Rift Developer Pulls $100 Loot Box After Fan Backlash - December 15, 2017
- Team Ninja is Making an Announcement This Weekend, Stoking Dead or Alive 6 Fires - December 15, 2017
- Destiny 2’s Holiday Event, the Dawning, Starts Next Week - December 15, 2017