Yesterday, TIME Magazine revealed their reader poll results and ‘short list’ for their Person of the Year 2017 edition. There was a lot of talk about who might grace the cover of the annual issue; nominees and candidates covered the gamut of humanity. It was revealed this morning by the publication that “The Silence Breakers”, the group of women who brought attention to the true toxicity of abuse and harassment in Hollywood and beyond, are the person of the year.
“The voices that launched a movement,” the cover reads, pertaining to the #MeToo movement that took over social media in a swarm of stories of harassment and abuse from women (and some men) the world over.
Each of the women featured have their own stories, and the entire write up on TIME’s website is worth reading. Truly.
It should be noted also that the runners-up for the title (per TIME) were President Donald Trump, who held the title in 2016; Chinese President Xi Jinping; specialty council Robert Mueller; North Korean leader Kim Jong Un; NFL player Colin Kaepernick; and Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins.
- 2 More ‘The Crown’ Season 3 Images: Helena Bonham Carter and Ben Daniels - July 18, 2018
- Jamie Foxx Auditioned to Play Spawn 6 Years Ago, Teases Plot of Reboot - July 17, 2018
- Her Universe Launches Disney Princess Line – There’s a HeiHei Purse - July 17, 2018
- Hulu Sinks Fangs into Anne Rice’s ‘Vampire Chronicles’ TV Series - July 17, 2018
- Zoya, Liberty Belle GLOW Action Figures Coming from Funko - July 17, 2018