Maybe you saw our “Best Viewing Order for the MCU” post prompted by a fast-spreading meme earlier this week. In it, we discussed the decision to watch Marvel Cinematic Universe films in either release order OR storyline order, the biggest change being where Captain America fits in. Well, guess what? We’re a little more than a week out from the opening of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and that means it’s the perfect time to revisit the saga. (Thanks to The Star Wars Underworld for this graphic!)
If you start watching a Star Wars film a day starting today (technically yesterday, so you can double up if needed), you’ll be ready for Last Jedi on opening day.
If you decide to watch it in release order, you’d start with:
Star Wars: A New Hope (episode IV), Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (episode V), Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (episode VI), Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (episode I), Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones (episode II), Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (episode III), Star Wars: The Force Awakens (episode VII), and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (episode 3.5).
But let’s be honest: storyline is more important for the galaxy far, far away. And this way you get the Hayden Christensen performances over and done with. In which case, you’d be watching things in this order:
Phantom Menace (I), Attack of the Clones (II), Revenge of the Sith (III), Rogue One (3.5), A New Hope (IV), Empire Strikes Back (V), Return of the Jedi (VI), Force Awakens (VII), and ending with Last Jedi (VIII).
I mean you could ALSO toss in the Holiday Special *shudders* and Caravan of Courage.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens on Friday, December 15th, but the press embargo lifts this weekend on Saturday, so be advised.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Review: Taking Our Emotions for a Ride [Spoiler-Free]
- Rian Johnson Quashes Rumors That New Star Wars Trilogy is an Adaption of Knights of the Old Republic
- Report: Disney Could Close $60 Billion Deal to Buy Fox Next Week
- Tarantino Shares His Star Trek Idea with J.J. Abrams; Writer's Room Forming
- The 20 Films That Could Win the Oscar for Best Visual Effects
- Watch: Video of Rian Johnson's Last Jedi On-Set Photo Gallery
- Games Workshop Celebrates 500th Store Opening: Free Swag, Limited Edition Minis - October 19, 2018
- Richard E. Grant asked JJ Abrams to Pinch Him Because ‘Star Wars’ - October 19, 2018
- Tony Winner Matthew Broderick Joins ABC’s The Conners - October 19, 2018
- Some Details Emerge for ‘Miss Fisher & The Crypt of Tears’ Film - October 19, 2018
- The ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Soundtrack is Available TODAY - October 19, 2018