We mentioned how Savage Dragon’s recent comic book move from the USA to Canada after aliens were deported by President Donald Trump has led to the series working as a tourist ad for Toronto’s Kensington Market, after creator Erik Larsen visited there recently for a comic convention.
Well, after last month’s sexcapades (revisited and reprised again today), Erik Larsen chooses to reference another local Toronto tourist spots. First somehow smuggling DC’s Captain Marvel character and Billy Batson’s boss at Whiz radio, Sterling Morris and his secretary Joan Jameson into the CN Tower for a bite to eat…
And then visiting The Poop Café. Which serves all its food in toilet bowls.
And, no, it isn’t an invention of Larsen, the place actually exists. For real.
And serving up the likes of this:
One might have thought that the Toronto tourist board might jump on such coverage. But be warned, the comic does continue to go where it has been going for quite some time now…
Whipped cream, that’s what that is, whipped cream.
SAVAGE DRAGON #229
(W) Erik Larsen (A/CA) Erik Larsen
Malcolm Dragon and his family must come to grips with the reality that they may never go home again. A new home. A new life. 2017 Inkwell Award-winner Erik Larsen delivers another smash issue of SAVAGE DRAGON!In Shops: Dec 06, 2017
- The Daily LITG, 18th December 2018, Okay, Really One Week To Go - December 18, 2018
- DC Comics March 2019 Solicits Has – or Had – Eric Esquivel Writing Nightwing - December 17, 2018
- DC Comics March 2019 Solicits Subject to Cover Leaks – Including Detective Comics #1000 - December 17, 2018
- The Twelve Gold Titles For Free Comic Book Day 2019, Revealed – Whedonverse, Riverdale Season 2 1/2, The Road to TMNT 100 and More - December 17, 2018
- Preview of a Brand New Avengers #1 from IDW – Without Tony in the Suit? - December 17, 2018