People have been waiting a long ol’ time for Valve to announce a game that isn’t MOBA or card-based. The notion of Portal 3 has floated around perhaps only just a little less intensely than Half-Life 3, with the world of science and testing still being one of the medium’s favorite ever. Well, there is a new Portal game coming, which is great news. However, there are two bits of bad news: One, it isn’t Portal 3, and two, it’s not being made by Valve.
Instead, the company has let Headup Games and ClockStone Software borrow the licence to create a spin-off of Bridge Constructor. It’s called… well, Bridge Constructor Portal. The game will see the Bridge Constructor formula plopped into Valve’s world, which actually seems like a pretty fun idea all things considered.
The game is out on PC and mobile devices December 20th and will see a console release later on into 2018.
Here is a trailer for the game:
While yes, it’s a shame we are still waiting for a mainline game from the series, I still think this is a fun mashup. Messing around with the physics and portals could certainly cause for some really fun puzzles.
- Batman Gets His Justice League Hot Toys Release
- Alfred Hitchcock and Nosferatu Join The ReAction Line
- #SavePlayer1 Gets Lynda Carter to Help Save Single-Player Experience
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Developer Wants Better IP Protection from Copycats - December 15, 2017
- Company of Heroes 2 Is Free on Humble Bundle Until Tomorrow - December 15, 2017
- Rift Developer Pulls $100 Loot Box After Fan Backlash - December 15, 2017
- Team Ninja is Making an Announcement This Weekend, Stoking Dead or Alive 6 Fires - December 15, 2017
- Destiny 2’s Holiday Event, the Dawning, Starts Next Week - December 15, 2017