We are due a look at gameplay of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds desert map on Thursday at The Game Awards, with its release assumed for pretty soon after. To tease us a little further, PUBG Corp. has just released a bunch of information on the map.
Firstly, it’s called Miramar, so we can stop calling it ‘desert map’ (I doubt that will actually happen though). In the release of information, the developers describe the map saying:
When we decided to create a new map, we focused on creating an environment that is very different from Erangel. We wanted to go the opposite direction of having lush fields and forests and arrived at the harsh and unforgiving desert of what we can now reveal is Miramar. The unique terrain and dense urban areas of Miramar will create a new Battle Royale experience where the old strategies may no longer work and new tactics are required.
Here is the map’s layout, although this had been leaked a couple weeks ago:
They also outline a lot of the new areas in the map too, including the big new city Los Leones, the oceanside town of Valle ael Mar and Chumacera, a place of abandoned factories.
There are more pictures of the map in the press release for the map, which you can see right here.
No further details about when we might expect the map to hit came alongside the release past the inconclusive ‘soon’. However, it is reaffirmed that it is coming in the next round of testing for the game. That can’t be more than a week or two away. I’d wager it might even be quite a bit sooner.
- Alfred Hitchcock and Nosferatu Join The ReAction Line
- The Game Awards: New Trailer for Piratical 'Sea of Thieves' Hits
- #SavePlayer1 Gets Lynda Carter to Help Save Single-Player Experience
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018