Happy anniversary, Wonder Woman! Gal Gadot is celebrating four years of being Wonder Woman today, Bleeding Cool is happy to report as part of an ongoing series of transparent clickbait articles based off tweets. Gadot retweeted the DC Comics announcement of her casting from 2013 and remarked, “Wow 4 years ago?! And forever grateful to be able to play this character!”
Wow 4 years ago?! And forever grateful to be able to play this character! https://t.co/Tfmcmf7yUs
— Gal Gadot (@GalGadot) December 5, 2017
— DC (@DCComics) December 4, 2013
Gadot was actually off by a day, as the announcement is dated December 4th, but in the grand scheme of DCEU screw-ups, we can definitely let that pass. In the four years since, Gadot has done well in the role. While Batman v. Superman underperformed and Justice League may not make a profit, Wonder Woman was a critically acclaimed smash hit, the jewel in the rough of the DCEU and probably the blueprint for where the cinematic universe will go in the future.
Gadot will reprise her role in a sequel, Wonder Woman 2, also directed by Patty Jenkins and set for a November 2019 release date. That day can’t come soon enough — both for superhero movie fans and for Warner Bros., who need another win badly.
Featured image courtesy of Warner Bros.
- On His 49th Birthday, Eisner Award-Winning Journalist and CxC Founder Wants Just One Thing: Money - December 16, 2017
- Is WWE Chairman Vince McMahon Planning to Reboot the XFL? - December 16, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Earns $104.8M Friday, More Than Justice League Made Entire Opening Weekend - December 16, 2017
- Oscar Isaac Rumored for Gomez Addams in Animated Addams Family Reboot (Plus: Release Date) - December 16, 2017
- So, About Those Black Suit Superman Scenes in Justice League… - December 16, 2017