The folks at Cinema Sins have released a new video focusing on Everything Wrong with Spider-Man: Homecoming. Or as they put it:
“Spider-Man: Homecoming was a nice surprise, capturing the spirit of the character as well or better than any previous film. We loved it. And so, of course, we were compelled to sin it.”
This is the sixth live-action Spider-Man film in 15 years, starring the third person to play the part. That’s still less than the number of people who have played Batman, but seems so shocking because each actor has brought a franchise reboot with them. And while Sony did the first five on their own, this one was in collaboration with Marvel Studios, a move that brought both some good and bad things.
The film is definitely part of the MCU, and the video points that out a lot. It was very well received, but so were the first two Tobey Maguire films and the first Andrew Garfield film. The trick will be to see how long Tom Holland can keep this going and how long the partnership between Marvel and Sony works.
For a movie that was so well liked, they were able to find a heck of a lot of sins.
- Could Racially Charged Tweets Derail Top Quarterback Prospect’s Draft Hopes? - April 26, 2018
- Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe: A Flawed but Fun Introduction to the Characters - April 26, 2018
- Exclusive Look Inside Charlie’s Angels #1 by John Layman and Joe Eisma - April 26, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Worldkillers Showdown Coming Soon - April 26, 2018
- Dynamite Announces Exclusives for Vampirella: Roses for the Dead Collectors Box - April 26, 2018