The CW is doing the full-court press for their new series Black Lightning. The short clip below shows lightning racing through the character’s veins — which looks very painful and not something I’d recommend. This teaser was just released. They also ran a longer spot during Supergirl last night that you can see here.
I expect we’ll get some more of these this week as the Arrowverse shows all air their midseason finales. Black Lightning is not officially part of the Arrowverse, but it is from the same studio and from Greg Berlanti, so it is always possible for the show to connect down the line if it does well.
The series stars Cress Williams as former hero-turned high school principal Jefferson Pierce, who gets pulled back into the fight, after nine years away, when those he cares about in the crosshairs of the menacing local gang The One Hundred.
The series also stars Nafessa Williams as Anissa Pierce, China Anne McClain as Jennifer Pierce, Marvin “Krondon” Jones III as Tobias Whale, Jill Scott as Lady Eve, Chantal Thuy as Grace Choi, James Remar as Peter Gambi, and Damn Gupton as Inspector Henderson. The show comes from executive producers Greg Berlanti, Salim Akil & Mara Brock Akil and Sarah Schechter is based on the DC Comic character created by artist Trevor Von Eeden and writer Tony Isabella in the pages of Black Lightning #1 (1977).
Black Lightning debuts January 16th at 9 p.m. ET on the CW.
- Black Lightning Season 1: Does Tobias Whale Think Black Lightning Is Dead? - January 21, 2018
- Humpty Dumpty: Why Do We Think He Was an Egg? - January 20, 2018
- Flash Season 4: Is There a Speedster-Centric Episode This Season? - January 20, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: The Show is Casting a Young Barack Obama - January 20, 2018
- Black Lightning Repeat Beats New Episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - January 20, 2018