We have an other clip from tonight’s mid-season finale of Supergirl. Where the first clip involved Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) trying to to figure out the sudden appearances of a strange Kryptonian symbol, this one focuses more on the return of Mon-El (Chris Wood) and his wife Imra Ardeen (Amy Jackson).
The clip in a way gives us the origin of the Legion of Super-Heroes — or rather just the Legion here. In the comics the team first appeared in Adventure Comics #247 (1958) as created by Otto Binder and Al Plastino. In their first appearance we get to meet Lightning Boy, Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy, from a superhero club in the 31st century inspired by Superboy. Eventually Mon-El would become a member and Supergirl would have some adventures with them.
What we learn in the clip is that the Legion is actually founded by Mon-El to help deal with the chaotic future and he uses Supergirl as inspiration. Imra, Saturn Girl, tells Kara how much it means to her to met her. So not only is Kara meeting her ex-boyfriend’s new wife — but the wife has Kara on a pedestal. No pressure there at all.
Supergirl mid-season finale airs tonight at 8 p.m. ET. Supergirl returns on January 15th.
- Read Vampirella Vol. 4 #0 Free from Dynamite’s 2017 Blockbuster Holiday Bundle - December 15, 2017
- Denver Broncos Put Trevor Siemian on IR, Will Wait to See Who Will Start - December 15, 2017
- Rob Liefeld Reacts to New Titans Image of Hawk and Dove - December 15, 2017
- Exclusive First Look at Dynamite’s Pop Culture Titles Shipping March 2017 - December 15, 2017
- 4 New Clips from Guillermo del Toro’s Trollhunters Season 2 - December 15, 2017