When jumping into a well-protected franchise, especially one like Star Wars, there are bound to be rules. When Rian Johnson took on Star Wars: The Last Jedi, I’m sure there were a lot of dos and don’ts decided, as well as ideas of where these characters had to end up. I don’t doubt there was wiggle room, but it might well have been tight.
Coming into the next planned trilogy though, it seems Johnson has the shackles off… at least for now. When it was announced that Johnson’s newest trilogy would take place away from the Skywalker story, it’s left the rest of the world wondering where we are headed. Well, speaking to IGN, it seems where ever it is will really be Rian’s baby. Talking about restrictions right now, he said:
Right now there’s all the freedom in the world. That’s the whole thing that’s exciting to me is let’s go some new places, let’s meet some new folks, let’s see what else is out there. Let’s have one story told over three films in this galaxy with no limitations. It’s pretty exciting.
The notion of going out and meeting new portions of the galaxy certainly is exciting. Hopefully, it might even be away from the Jedi and the like. Now, I’m sure the movies are mostly just in idea and loose writing phases, and the freedom the project is currently experiencing might tighten in time, but it’s exciting that Disney seems to be giving Johnson the ball to run with right now.
- Ever Wonder How Much Star Wars Ships Would Cost to Insure? Insure the Gap is Here to Tell Us
- Star Wars Fans Can Head to Hoth with New Columbia Sportwear
- Batman Gets a Tactical Suit One:12 Collective Upgrade
- Watch: Video of Rian Johnson's Last Jedi On-Set Photo Gallery
- Black Panther Gets Two LEGO Sets from the Film
- Ark: Survival Evolved Announced For Nintendo Switch - March 22, 2018
- Hitman’s Sapienza Level is Yours to Keep for Free if You Pick it Up Before April 3rd - March 21, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Getting New Gameplay, Mechanics and Cosmetics to Quell Content Concerns - March 21, 2018
- Report Claims Fortnite Mobile Made Over $1 Million in it’s First Three Days - March 21, 2018
- Hyper Light Drifter is Set to Launch on the Nintendo Switch Later This Summer - March 21, 2018