Jason Momoa‘s Aquaman seems to have gone over pretty well in Justice League. The gruff charm of the performance seems to have brought the character forward as a credible superhero, and not the lazy ‘talk to fish’ joke audiences have made about the character for a long time.
However, the original version of the character has not been lost completely in the makeover. In the Justice League: The Art of the Film book (via ScreenrRant), Jason Momoa talks about the different aspects of the character and how he came together. The fact everyone wanted the blond highlights is probably telling that they wanted a nod to the original version of Arthur Curry:
Zack [Snyder] had the idea for the tattoos. Everyone wanted to have a little bit of blond in the hair. For the eyes, I always liked that Van Gogh green color you can get lost in; it draws you in, but you’re also scared by it. So I wanted to have that look.
I really dig the redesign of the character, and wouldn’t be surprised to see it start to spread further in other iterations of the character. Here’s hoping.
- Jason Momoa, Benioff, Weiss, and Guinness – Will the Khal Ride Again?
- Jason Momoa Fangirls Over Meeting The Crow Creator James O'Barr
- Star Wars Fans Can Head to Hoth with New Columbia Sportwear
- Batman Gets a Tactical Suit One:12 Collective Upgrade
- Black Panther Gets Two LEGO Sets from the Film
- Blizzard Seem Confident That Diablo III Will Get Cross-Console Play - October 12, 2018
- PlayStation Network Name Changes Are Finally Coming - October 11, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Currently Has The Most Concurrent Players In Franchise History on Steam - October 9, 2018
- Sony Has Acknowleged that the Next PlayStation is on the Way - October 9, 2018
- Total War: Warhammer 2 Gets Zombie Pirates in the Next Expansion - October 5, 2018