It’s been a while since we last heard about Armored Core and there hasn’t been a new game announcement despite the recent 20th anniversary live stream, but FromSoftware says that the series is not dead just yet.
“While FromSoftware specifically mentioned before the stream that there won’t be any new game announcements, the company marketing manager Yasunori Ogura mentioned during the program that they ‘have no intention to end the series.'”
Ogura went on to say that there are numerous members from the staff that want to make a new Armored Core game, but that they have nothing new to show and won’t anytime soon.
Over on Twitter, Ogura thanked fans for watching the Armored Core 20th anniversary broadcast. He mentioned again that he doesn’t have anything to share for now, but reassured fans that the series won’t be ending like this and hopes for continued support from fans.
The last time we heard about Armored Core was back in September of 2016 when FromSoftware president Hidetaka Miyazaki said they’re working on three new games including a new Armored Core, but there hasn’t been any followup info since then. Likely the game is in some form of development hell amid From’s other properties, including those two other games that are currently in development. It isn’t like From is a particularly massive studio, so Armored Core likely wasn’t made the top priority, unfortunately. But at least we have hope.
- God of War Funko Pops Hitting Stores Next Year
- Unique Social Gay RPG Gaydorado Fills an Odd Niche - March 20, 2018
- Elder Dice, Bringing a Bit of Eldritch Horror to All Your Tabletop Games - March 20, 2018
- Halo vs. Larry Niven’s Ringworld — Just How Similar Are They? - March 20, 2018
- Kitty Powers’ Love Life Review: Like The Sims but More Relationship-Focused - March 20, 2018
- Light Tracer Review: A Pretty, Kid-Friendly VR Puzzle Platformer - March 20, 2018