We’re following along as the Los Angeles Film Critics Association has their daylong fete and votes on their favorite films from the past year. There’ll be films ranging from the start of the year, all the way up to ones that haven’t yet released. We’ll be adding commentary as the winners and runner-ups are announced throughout the afternoon.
Last year, the LAFCA predicted the Oscar winner of the night to be Moonlight in the face of the huge popularity of La La Land. That marks two years running where the LA Critics correctly tapped the eventual winner of the Best Picture Oscar recipient. Will the pull a threepeat off for 2017?
In addition to the voted awards, Max von Sydow will be presented with the annual Career Achievement Award.
- San Francisco Film Critics Circle Award Winners, from Blade Runner to I, Tonya
- Wonder Woman 2: Love Will Be the Ongoing Theme of the Sequel
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri Review: The Dark Comedy We Need Right Now
- Lisa Ovies To Direct Horror/Comedy 'Beverly Hills Lizard People'
- Veep: Julia Louis-Dreyfus Undergoes Cancer Treatment, Filming On Hold
- Annihilation Review: 5/6ths of a Masterpiece - February 23, 2018
- Game Night Review: When Host a Murder Runs Off the Rails, in a Really Funny Way - February 23, 2018
- Image Expo 2018: The Expo’s Exclusive Covers for Spawn, VS, and The Wicked + The Divine - February 21, 2018
- (Spoiler-Free) Black Panther Review: The Best Solo MCU Film Since Iron Man - February 16, 2018
- Fifty Shades Freed Review: For Fans A Satisfying End; Little Ado For Everyone Else - February 9, 2018