Indie development studio Team 8 has announced that their first-ever production Genetic Disaster will be available in its final version on Steam December 15, 2017. Be prepared to lose long time buddies due to accidental (they said) friendly fire and betrayals. The game is already out in Steam Early Access and has been dazzling rogue-like fans since its soft launch.
The game is a cooperative rogue-like title, where casualties and accidental friendly shootings are commonplace. Summon your buddies, bust out the beers, order in the pizza and get ready for a chilled relaxed evening. Join forces to beat the bosses and defeat their minions, but be even more cautious with your happy trigger allies. Caught in the middle between friendly fire and explosive barrels, there will be plenty of opportunities to wipe the entire team out.
Join this band of peculiar characters, named Sneaky, Panic, Devil and Bunker in their fight against the completely nutty scientist! Help them escape from the mansion and face the wacky monsters inhabiting the corridors. For real, get with the program, you will pull your teeth out just like when playing Cuphead but that’s what you should expect with a rogue-like game. Die, laugh and retry ought to be the genre’s life motto.
Genetic Disaster is a “cooperative” rogue like for up to 4 players, with fun and gratifying gameplay wrapped around cartoony and super colorful cute graphics. You can play alone, with friends (who may not be your friends anymore at the end of the evening), on your couch or online but whatever happens, you will curse everyone ! Collect weapons, potions, share your life (or not) and upgrade your hero at each level to create your own style of play or to match that of your teammates. Therefore, cooperation constitutes the key element to victory, and at the same time very often will drive you to lose the game.
The game’s features include:
- Co-op local and online multiplayer for up to 4 players
- Procedurally generated levels
- 4 charismatic characters, each with their own skills
- Seamless and automatic gameplay balance adjustments depending on the number of players
- Hand-painted characters and environments
- Upgrade your hero throughout levels
- PC and Game pad compatible controls
You can check out Genetic Disaster‘s announcement trailer below.
- Park Management Sim Jurassic World: Evolution now Has a Release Date - March 16, 2018
- Sega Teases a New Sonic Racing Game at SXSW 2018 - March 16, 2018
- XSEED is Bringing Ys: Memories of Celceta to the West - March 16, 2018
- Rumor: Nintendo Releasing a New Model of the Nintendo Switch - March 16, 2018
- Gotta Go Fast? Sega is Parterning with Puma for Sonic Sneakers - March 16, 2018