The Justice League film had something unique, more than the normal costumes and weapons: a custom-built Mercedes-Benz. In a deal with the car company to include two of their vehicles in the film, one being the E-Class convertible driven by Diana Prince (Gal Gadot), the other was a one of a kind Mercedes BGT created specifically for the film by the car company. Bruce Wayne’s (Ben Affleck) gull-winged car he picked up Barry Allen (Ezra Miller) in wouldn’t even be considered street legal because of the tires used.
As part of the deal, Mercedes made the car and DC made a series of comics featuring both vehicles that were then released to fan through Instagram. The video below talks about the creation of the BGT, the deal between the two companies, and using the social media platform to release the comics.
Or as they put it:
Flying is great, but sometimes, you want to get around with some style. Enter Mercedes-Benz, who provided two remarkable cars for the Justice League. In this behind-the-scenes clip, we look into this unique partnership, which includes some heroic customization and a motion comic set in the world of the film.
- Read Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files: Fool Moon #1, Part of Dynamite’s Latest Digital Bundle - March 22, 2018
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom to Appear on iZombie - March 22, 2018
- Magicians Season 3, Episode 11: Messing Around with Time - March 22, 2018
- Supernatural Season 13: Things are Going to Get Rough for Sam - March 22, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: Will We Learn Who Destroyed the World? - March 22, 2018