The Justice League film had something unique, more than the normal costumes and weapons: a custom-built Mercedes-Benz. In a deal with the car company to include two of their vehicles in the film, one being the E-Class convertible driven by Diana Prince (Gal Gadot), the other was a one of a kind Mercedes BGT created specifically for the film by the car company. Bruce Wayne’s (Ben Affleck) gull-winged car he picked up Barry Allen (Ezra Miller) in wouldn’t even be considered street legal because of the tires used.
As part of the deal, Mercedes made the car and DC made a series of comics featuring both vehicles that were then released to fan through Instagram. The video below talks about the creation of the BGT, the deal between the two companies, and using the social media platform to release the comics.
Or as they put it:
Flying is great, but sometimes, you want to get around with some style. Enter Mercedes-Benz, who provided two remarkable cars for the Justice League. In this behind-the-scenes clip, we look into this unique partnership, which includes some heroic customization and a motion comic set in the world of the film.
- Dynamite Offering Entire ‘The Boys’ Trade Collection Signed by Garth Ennis - May 25, 2018
- Charlaine Harris and Christopher Golden’s ‘Cemetery Girl’ Moves to Dynamite - May 25, 2018
- A Look Inside Project Superpowers #1 by Rob Williams and Sergio Davila - May 25, 2018
- Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, and More in The Art of Halfbrick - May 25, 2018
- Robots Vs. Princesses Finds a Home at Dynamite - May 25, 2018