The CW seems to be embracing the idea of husbands and wives working together. On DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, they’ve brought on Courtney Ford, the wife of Brandon Routh, to play Damian Darhk’s daughter Eleanor. Now, Variety is reporting that Supernatural has just cast Danneel Ackles in the role of Sister Jo, a well-known faith healer whose good works attract the attention of Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino). She will be recurring beginning with the 13th episode of the 13th season, Devil’s Bargain.
Ackles, who is married to series star Jensen Ackles, is most known for her role in the comedy classic franchise Harold & Kumar, as well as playing Rachel Gatina on One Tree Hill. She previously worked with Jensen on 2007 indie film Ten Inch Hero and has worked with Misha Collins on a digital short, TSA America: Suspicious Bulges.
She joins an already huge list of guest stars for the show’s thirteenth season that includes newcomers: Christian Keyes, Jeffrey Vincent Parise, Keith Szarabajka, Yadira Guevara-Prip and Clark Backo, and returning guests: David Haydn-Jones, Osric Chau, Lorette Devine, Briana Buckmaster, Kathryn Newton, Katherine Ramdeen and Kim Rhodes.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018