Dispelling rumors that Warner Bros studios is a swirling vortex of chaos with no semblance of long term plan for their DC Entertainment movies, Margot Robbie says she’s working on a brand new, “totally separate” Harley Quinn movie, one that is “totally separate” from the multiple other Harley Quinn movies supposedly in development already including Gotham City Sirens, the Harley Quinn and The Joker movie, and Suicide Squad 2. Robbie revealed the plans to MTV News:
“I’ve been working on a separate spin-off for Harley for a while now,” she said, adding that her take would give the wacky DC villainess the “girl gang” she was so desperately missing in Suicide Squad. “I want to see her with other women,” Robbie said. “I kept saying it while we were filming Suicide Squad. I was like, ‘She needs her girlfriends.'”
Can we suggest Poison Ivy?
Later in the interview, Robbie revealed that nobody at Warner Bros knows what’s going on with all of these Harley Quinn movies.
“I, honestly, don’t think anyone knows what’s going to be the next thing to happen, but I think everyone’s keen to get Harley back on screen,” she said. “So everyone is working on lots of different versions of what that could be.”
The one thing we can say for sure is that some Harley Quinn movie or another will be coming out at some time in the relatively near future, but which one is apparently anybody’s guess.
- DC Shocker: Bendis Read Superman Back Issues in Preparation for Job - May 21, 2018
- Joelle Jones Redesigns Catwoman for August’s Catwoman #2 - May 21, 2018
- Marc Andreyko and Kevin Maguire Revive Supergirl in August; Plus: 4 New Costumes - May 21, 2018
- Stan Sakai Named Inaugural Joe Kubert Award Winner By Comic Con Revolution, Kubert School - May 20, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Cable #157, Continuity Porn Even a New Reader Can Enjoy - May 19, 2018