John Cena is being sued by the Ford Motor Company. Apparently the WWE Superstar and noted thespian sold a vehicle shortly after taking possession. He had agreed to maintain ownership of the car for a period of 24 months. The car in question was a 2017 Ford GT. According to documents filed with a Michigan court, Ford reserves the GT for “only those individuals who truly desire a special ownership experience” and “those individuals who will be influencers and ambassadors of the vehicle and the Ford brand.”
The car has a $450,000 price tag.
The company apparently caught John Cena saying that he understood he was not supposed to sell the car, to which he said:
“I completely understand and as stated am willing to work with [the Ford representative] and Ford to make it right. My sincere apologies.”
Ford says John Cena has not given the car back, or made any effort to do so. Claiming “substantial damages” they also lost the value of people seeing Cena driving around in the car and being an ambassador for the Ford brand.Ford is suing for breach of contract and fraud, among other charges. They are seeking damages and all profits Cena may have made from the sale of the car.
So I guess the question is how does Super Cena get out of this one. He has taken out so many wrestlers over the years with relative ease. This may be his greatest challenge yet. What if Ford decides the only way they can settle this is a rubber match with one of their official spokespeople, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson? Could this be an elaborate scheme to give us this “Once in a Lifetime” match a third time?
This is a weird situation to find Cena in. For someone who is trying to break into Hollywood and make a name for himself outside the WWE, this is not a good look.
- Delightful! Matt Hardy Has Won The War With Impact Over Broken Gimmick
- WWE Studios Is Expanding In Attempt To Become The Next Marvel
- CW's The Flash Is Next For WWE Superstar Bill Goldberg
- A Hat In Time Is Set To Launch On Console This December
- Hey, Comics Folk: WWE Is Hiring A TV Writer
- WWE's Maria Kanellis Blasts Pregnancy Critics
- Knox County Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs Flip-Flops On Braun Strowman, Endorses Jinder Mahal
- Wonder Woman: Earth One Now Scheduled For August 2018
- Funko Round-Up: South Park, Black Panther, and Harleen Quinzel! - October 18, 2018
- Halloween Tracking For Opening Between $1 and $70 Million - October 18, 2018
- Manifest Gets Three More Episodes Tacked on to Season 1 - October 18, 2018
- Hot Toys Marvel Studios 10th Anniversary Concept Iron Man Coming Soon - October 18, 2018
- Listen to John Carpenter’s New Halloween Score in its Entirety! - October 18, 2018