So, anyone else in greater fear of all-out thermonuclear war right now? Will Boom! Studios even have time to publish the optimistically labelled first volume of Nuclear Winter, an original graphic novel from cartoonist Cab about a young woman just trying to survive her twenties in Montreal plunged into an eternal winter with radioactive snow, thanks to an accident at the local nuclear power plant that occurred nine years ago?
Life goes on for folks like Flavie Beaumont, a mail courier on snowmobile who’s carved out a pretty normal life for herself despite mutant rivals, eclectic urban wildlife, and unrelenting meteorological events.
“I’ve always loved the more cartoony spin on nuclear energy, be it the Simpsons power plant, glowing radioactive ooze, or anything marked with the radiation sign,” said Cab of the project. “But beyond the humorous sci-fi aspect of the story, I wanted to show the love-hate relationship Montrealers have with their winter. Most people who hear the premise of a never-ending winter get weak in the knees at the thought!
“In the end, it’s all about a slightly off version of where I live — with an extra few feet of snow and a few glowing clouds!”
Volume One will be available for sale May 2018.
- Bleeding Cool Brings You Batman’s Penis In All Its Batglory From Batman: Damned #1 - September 19, 2018
- Daily LITG – 19th September 2018 – Toad From Mario Kart, Batman and His Dick - September 19, 2018
- A New Avengers #1 in IDW Full December 2018 Solicitations - September 19, 2018
- Esad Ribic’s Conan Covers Next Week’s Diamond Previews - September 19, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics Full December 2018 Solicitations – Laguardia #1 by Nnedi Okorafor and Tana Ford - September 19, 2018