Netflix has released the trailer for Black Mirror season four episode ‘Hang the DJ’. Directed by Tim Van Patten (Game of Thrones), the episode stars Georgina Campbell (Broadchurch), Joe Cole (Peaky Blinders), and George Blagden (Vikings) and touches on the concept of dating apps and how they can go horribly wrong. The trailer reminds me a bit of the classic William Shatner episode of the Twilight Zone, ‘Nick of Time’. The app/device tells couples how long they’ll be together, and they take it as the truth.
Though the trailer seems to be a bit light-hearted, most of the Black Mirror episodes turn dark at some point, so it’s hard to say if this will keep the tone we see here.
The synopsis for the series reads:
Black Mirror is an anthology series that taps into our collective unease with the modern world, with each stand-alone episode a sharp, suspenseful tale exploring themes of contemporary techno-paranoia. Without questioning it, technology has transformed all aspects of our lives; in every home; on every desk; in every palm – a plasma screen; a monitor; a Smartphone – a Black Mirror reflecting our 21st Century existence back at us.As for a launch date?
Netflix has yet to set a premiere date for the fourth season, but with they way they’re dropping trailers, I’d expect it to be January at the latest.
- Emma Dumont Cast in Rob Cohen’s Adaptation of Razor - June 25, 2018
- Arrowverse, Supernatural, Riverdale, Castle Rock and More at SDCC 2018 - June 25, 2018
- Kevin Smith to Direct an Episode of The Flash Season 5 - June 25, 2018
- Will Lucifer’s Move to Netflix Mean We’ll See More of the Devil? - June 25, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 13 Recap: They Reminisce Over You - June 24, 2018