There are a lot of wildcards running about Star Wars: The Last Jedi but the one we might know the least amount is Benicio Del Toro as the slicer “DJ”. We’ve hardly seen any footage or pictures of him and the things we do know are vague at best. We have a few new comments from Del Toro and a new image of the character in Empire.
“This character could come straight out of a Bob Dylan or Tom Waites song, or even a Dostoyevsky novel,” says Del Toro in the new issue of Empire. “He’s like something out of Dickens; there have been characters like him in all kinds of literature.”
“He’s like a knife: if you grab him by the blade, he’ll cut you. If you grab him by the handle, he can be very, very useful.”
DJ is the person that Finn (John Boyega) and Rose (Kelly Marie Tran) are sent to track down. There’s a very good chance that “DJ” isn’t even his name since, on his funko pop, his hat has “don’t join” written on it in one of the written languages of Star Wars.
Summary: Having taken her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), Rey continues her epic journey with Finn, Poe and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the saga, Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi, directed by Rian Johnson, stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, Carrie Fisher, and Adam Driver. It will be released on December 15th.
- John Boyega Talks About the Differences Between Filming Star Wars and Pacific Rim Uprising - March 20, 2018
- The First Trailer for Sicario 2: Soldado Looks Like a Barrel of Laughs - March 20, 2018
- The Logo for Shazam! Has Been Revealed - March 20, 2018
- Empire Releases 7 New Covers for Avengers: Infinity War - March 20, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Hawkeye is Doing His Own Thing - March 20, 2018