Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and Crackle have set a premiere date for their freshman crime drama series The Oath, and also released a new teaser to coincide with the announcement. Written/created by showrunner Joe Halpin (Hawaii Five-O) and directed by Jeff T. Thomas, the ten-episode police gangs-themed series is set to bow on March 8 from Jackson’s G-Unit Film and Television. Jackson, Halpin, Todd Hoffman, Dennis Kim and Anne Clements will serve as executive producers.
Here’s a teaser trailer for The Oath, along with a brief overview of the upcoming Crackle series:
The Oath explores a world of gangs made up of those sworn to protect and defend and sheds light on corrupt and secret societies that are nearly impossible to join. Only a select few make the cut – but once inside, members will do what they must to protect one another from enemies on the outside and from within their own ranks.
The drama unfolds revealing inner secret societies filled with members whose ultimate goal is to protect each other from the outside world as well as within their own organization. Not knowing who to trust or who to turn to — things slowly revolt to turmoil once loyalties are crossed and the gang is put into question.
The Oath stars Ryan Kwanten, Cory Hardrict, Arlen Escarpeta, Katrina Law, J.J. Soria, Sean Bean, Michael Malarkey, Eve Mauro, Kwame Patterson, Linda Purl and Elisabeth Röhm.
For Jackson’s part, he’s excited for the opportunity to tell a unique “gang story”:
“I am very excited to be partnering with Sony Pictures Television Networks and Crackle. To be able to bring this story to life is something I’m looking forward to and Joe Halpin’s personal experience will make this unlike anything that’s been seen before.”
– Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson
For Crackle, The Oath represents another example of the network’s commitment to diverse storytelling:
“Curtis, G-Unit Film & Television Inc., Storied Media Group and Joe Halpin are the perfect team to take this extraordinarily fast paced and complex narrative to Crackle’s passionate and engaged audience. This is the kind of unexpected storytelling that our viewers have come to expect and we look forward to breaking new ground with this new original drama.” – Eric Berger, Crackle GM and EVP, Digital, Sony Pictures Television Networks
- Marvel Titan Hero Series Collection is Perfect for Certain Collectors
- Rocketeer and Betty Statue From Mondo Blows All Others Away
- Lord of the Rings Funko Pops Wave 2- Gollum, Treebeard, and more!
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse Season 8, Episode 6 ‘Return to Murder House’ (End of Days! 806 Live-Blog) - October 17, 2018
- As The Boys Wraps Season 1 Filming, Did Karl Urban Confirm Season 2? - October 17, 2018
- The Real World: MTV Brings Reality Show Reboot to Facebook Watch - October 17, 2018
- Original ‘Sesame Street’ Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch Puppeteer Caroll Spinney Retiring - October 17, 2018
- Madison, Behold ‘Return to Murder House’ in FX’s American Horror Story: Apocalypse Preview - October 16, 2018