How would you like to be friends with the writer of Identity Crisis? Okay, fair point. How about the 2008 Eisner Award-winning writer of Justice League of America? If you’re one lucky, lonely North American moviegoer, this might be your chance.
Brad Meltzer took notice of a tweet by Mark Harris, a journalist from bird-themed pop culture site Vulture, analyzing the latest box office numbers.
Poignant news from the world of movies: Yesterday, one person in America sat alone in a theater and saw the film Friend Request. pic.twitter.com/a7zXiqjLlc
— Mark Harris (@MarkHarrisNYC) November 29, 2017
Meltzer was so moved by the story of this sad, lonely moviegoer who watched Friend Request alone that he tweeted:
Whoever this person is, @twitter, we must find them.
I went to one movie alone as a kid (when I moved and had no friends).
Whoever you are, show proof and I will send you a present!#WeAreYourFriends https://t.co/TJsbmtYIbx
— Brad Meltzer (@bradmeltzer) November 29, 2017
So was it you? If so, we hope you saved your ticket stub. Take a photo of it and send it to your new best friend, Brad Freaking Meltzer.
- David Tennant Reacts to Fans Reacting to David Tennant in Bad Samaritan Trailer During Legion M Wondercon Panel - March 24, 2018
- BOOM! Announces ‘Beneath the Dark Crystal,’ Another Sequel to the Jim Henson Classic - March 23, 2018
- Nom Pratt is writing a Young Adult Novel Based on John Allison’s ‘Giant Days’ - March 23, 2018
- Derek Laufman’s RuinWorld Goes Kaboom! - March 23, 2018
- Remender and Bengal’s Death or Glory Gets a Racy Trailer - March 23, 2018