How would you like to be friends with the writer of Identity Crisis? Okay, fair point. How about the 2008 Eisner Award-winning writer of Justice League of America? If you’re one lucky, lonely North American moviegoer, this might be your chance.
Brad Meltzer took notice of a tweet by Mark Harris, a journalist from bird-themed pop culture site Vulture, analyzing the latest box office numbers.
Poignant news from the world of movies: Yesterday, one person in America sat alone in a theater and saw the film Friend Request. pic.twitter.com/a7zXiqjLlc
— Mark Harris (@MarkHarrisNYC) November 29, 2017
Meltzer was so moved by the story of this sad, lonely moviegoer who watched Friend Request alone that he tweeted:
Whoever this person is, @twitter, we must find them.
I went to one movie alone as a kid (when I moved and had no friends).
Whoever you are, show proof and I will send you a present!#WeAreYourFriends https://t.co/TJsbmtYIbx
— Brad Meltzer (@bradmeltzer) November 29, 2017
So was it you? If so, we hope you saved your ticket stub. Take a photo of it and send it to your new best friend, Brad Freaking Meltzer.
- Marvel Cancels Star Wars: Poe Dameron in September - June 19, 2018
- Untold Tales of Spidey’s Early Black Suit Days in Saladin Ahmed and Garry Brown’s Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 - June 19, 2018
- Marvel Knights Celebrates 20 Years with 15 ‘True Believers’ $1 Comics in September - June 19, 2018
- ROH Says WWE Blocked Their Madison Square Garden Debut - June 19, 2018
- Marvel’s Mutant X Returns to Print with a Complete Collection… Sort of… in September - June 19, 2018