How would you like to be friends with the writer of Identity Crisis? Okay, fair point. How about the 2008 Eisner Award-winning writer of Justice League of America? If you’re one lucky, lonely North American moviegoer, this might be your chance.
Brad Meltzer took notice of a tweet by Mark Harris, a journalist from bird-themed pop culture site Vulture, analyzing the latest box office numbers.
Poignant news from the world of movies: Yesterday, one person in America sat alone in a theater and saw the film Friend Request. pic.twitter.com/a7zXiqjLlc
— Mark Harris (@MarkHarrisNYC) November 29, 2017
Meltzer was so moved by the story of this sad, lonely moviegoer who watched Friend Request alone that he tweeted:
Whoever this person is, @twitter, we must find them.
I went to one movie alone as a kid (when I moved and had no friends).
Whoever you are, show proof and I will send you a present!#WeAreYourFriends https://t.co/TJsbmtYIbx
— Brad Meltzer (@bradmeltzer) November 29, 2017
So was it you? If so, we hope you saved your ticket stub. Take a photo of it and send it to your new best friend, Brad Freaking Meltzer.
- Everything You Knew About Dark Phoenix Saga was… Hey, Stay Away From Our X-Men, Marvel! - December 11, 2018
- Now Everything You Know About… Okay, These Marvel Teasers Are Getting Ridiculous - December 11, 2018
- Gail Simone Asks: Who Are the Hotshots? - December 11, 2018
- Now Everything You Knew About the Avengers Finding Captain America in the Ice Was Wrong Too - December 11, 2018
- Dav Pilkey’s Dog-Man to Party Like It’s 1991 With 5 Million Copy Print Run - December 11, 2018