It was recently revealed that on January 16th, when the Flash returns from their midseason break, instead of being followed by DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, the 9 PM slot will be filled by Black Lightning. The show from executive producers Greg Berlanti, Salim Akil & Mara Brock Akil and Sarah Schechter is based on the DC Comic character created by artist Trevor Von Eeden and writer Tony Isabella in the pages of Black Lightning #1 (1977).
The series stars Cress Williams as former hero turned high school principal, Jefferson Pierce, who gets pulled back into the fight, after nine years away, when those he cares about in the crosshairs of the menacing local gang The One Hundred. The series also stars: Nafessa Williams as Anissa Pierce, China Anne McClain as Jennifer Pierce, Marvin “Krondon” Jones III as Tobias Whale, Jill Scott as Lady Eve, Chantal Thuy as Grace Choi, James Remar as Peter Gambi, and Damn Gupton as Inspector Henderson.
The CW started promoting the series during this weeks Crisis on Earth-X crossover series, though at this point it’s not believed that Black Lightning is part of the Arrowverse. Back in May, CW President Mark Pedowitz stated as much, and saying they weren’t looking to do a five-series crossover. One of the reasons being that the series is being filmed in Atlanta while the Arrowverse shows are in Vancouver. This was similar to season one of Supergirl that was filmed in Los Angeles, yet Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) made an appearance. And since Pedowitz spoke, one minor tweak happened, the show which was originally set in New Orleans was changed to a fictional city name… similar to the way DC Comics and the Arrowverse works.
While Black Lightning won’t debut as part of the Arrowverse, don’t be surprised if it doesn’t find a way to connect if the show does well.
- The Black Lightning Trailer from CW Has Arrived!
- Marvel Titan Hero Series Collection is Perfect for Certain Collectors
- Rocketeer and Betty Statue From Mondo Blows All Others Away
- Lord of the Rings Funko Pops Wave 2- Gollum, Treebeard, and more!
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers - February 24, 2018
- John Oliver Victorious: Lawsuit Against Last Week Tonight Dismissed - February 24, 2018
- Flash Season 4: What Does Iris West-Allen’s Costume Tell Us? - February 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Back for Only 2 Weeks Before Taking Another Night Off - February 24, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Angela Zhou Added to Cast; Is She the Third Worldkiller? - February 24, 2018