The original Life is Strange voice actors will be making it into the sequel, but probably not how you’d like. Since the voice actor’s strike ended in September — a strike that mostly served to inform the game industry as a whole that the conditions actors work under are terrible at best — the original cast can return to the series. And they’re making their comeback in a bonus episode to Deck Nine’s prequel. The bonus episode will feature Hannah Telle and Ashly Burch in their return as Max and Chloe.
The bonus episode is titled Farewell and is included as part of the Life is Strange: Before the Storm Deluxe Edition.
Deck Nine Games, the folks who developed Before the Storm, stated Rhianna DeVries will continue to work closely with the team. DeVries took on the task of voicing Chloe for the prequel since Burch was kept from reprising the role due to the strike. DeVries also provided the motion capture for 16-year-old Chloe and will continue this job in Farewell while Burch voices the character.
“The team here were thrilled to hear the news that both Hannah Telle and Ashly Burch were able to come back together again to voice Max and Chloe,” said Jeff Litchford, VP of Deck Nine Games in a statement provided to the press.
“We were really happy with Rhianna DeVrie’s performance as Chloe in Before the Storm and the fan reaction to her has been great, she’ll continue to work closely with us as part of a really close team we have created.”
Farewell will leave players in control of a young Max Caufield when it’s released in early 2018.
You can watch the epiode teaser below.
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018
- What Even is Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden? Funcom is Here to Explain - October 18, 2018