We lost a great person when Carrie Fisher passed away last year. It’s still a very raw wound for not only Star Wars fans but also for the people that worked with her on Star Wars: The Last Jedi. In the latest issue of Rolling Stone director Rian Johnson talks about going over to Fisher’s technacolor hour to work on the script with her.
“You got to experience a little bit of that magical sphere that she created,” says Johnson, who went over the script with her in that same bedroom. “I’m happy I got to poke my head into that, briefly, and know her even a little bit.”
Fans have been wondering there was any post production work done after Fisher passed away to make her exit a bit smoother but Johnson decided not to change a thing.
“We didn’t end up changing a thing,” says Johnson. “Luckily, we had a totally complete performance from her.”
However, when it comes to figuring out how they are going to write her out is now up to J.J. Abrams and Episode IX.
“In terms of going forward … time will tell what ends up getting done.”
When it comes to Mark Hamill promoting this movie is going to be tough because it brings all of the pain back.
“There was now a comfort level that she had with me,” he says, “that I wasn’t out to get anything or trying to hustle her in any way. I was the same person that I was when she knew me. … I was sort of the square, stick-in-the-mud brother, and she was the wild, madcap Auntie Mame.” Promoting the movie is bringing it all back for him. “I just can’t stand it,” he says. “She’s wonderful in the movie. But it adds a layer of melancholy we don’t deserve. I’d love the emotions to come from the story, not from real life.”
We’re all going to be sobbing through this movie and the promotional tour is going to be tough to watch. Carrie Fisher really left us far too soon when there are so many terrible people still allowed to walk free.
Summary: Having taken her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), Rey continues her epic journey with Finn, Poe and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the saga, Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi, directed by Rian Johnson, stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, Carrie Fisher, and Adam Driver. It will be released on December 15th.
- It's Been A Year Since We Lost Carrie Fisher, And It Still Hurts
- Watch: Video of Rian Johnson's Last Jedi On-Set Photo Gallery
- International Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer Hits
- New Trailer for the Upcoming Thriller Searching - June 22, 2018
- New Ant-Man and the Wasp Featurertte Plus a New TV Spot - June 22, 2018
- Operation Finale Releases an Official Poster and 2 Images - June 22, 2018
- Amber Heard Talks About What “Excited” Her About the Role of Mera in Aquaman - June 22, 2018
- A Movie Based on Korean-American Superhero Silk is in Early Development at Sony - June 22, 2018