Previously on U.S.Avengers, Cannonball managed to land on one of the Kral systems of the Skrull Empire, worlds in which the culture is modelled on that picked up from Earth-based fiction. Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby for the Fantastic Four, we previously got to see worlds based on 1920s America as portrayed in gangster movies:
Cultural appropriation of the greatest kind. And now we got to see them move on a few decades and base a culture of a TV show that is, basically, the world of Archie Comics, with only a slight filter against intellectual property theft. Riverdale becomes Glendale, Archie becomes Ritchie, Jughead becomes Bughead, etc… but with U.S.Avengers #12 we saw what happened when Archie Comics was confronted with… Riverdale the TV show:
So Kevin Keller is Keith… and the Skrulls try their best to keep up with all the changed.
Ironically, it seems that not every Skrull can cope well with change. U.S.Avengers #12 by Al Ewing, Paco Diaz and Jesus Aburtov, is published today.
US AVENGERS #12 LEG
(W) Al Ewing (A) Paco Diaz (CA) Paco Medina
CANNONBALL RUN Part 2
• Glenbrook goes to war – and the U.S.Avengers are caught in the middle!
• But do they side with humanity – or the alien invaders?
• It’s a final battle for the soul of America – over a million light-years from Earth!
Rated T+In Shops: Nov 29, 2017
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Issue Has Gone to Second Printing - June 20, 2018
- No More Issues of Cyborg: #23 Was Your Last, #24 and #25 Cancelled - June 20, 2018
- Rolled & Told from E.L. Thomas and Tristan J. Tarwater Launches in Lion Forge September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- A Comic Show: The Wedding Joke! - June 20, 2018
- 2 Grant Morrison Stories in Ahoy Comics’ First Solicits for September 2018 - June 20, 2018