Previously on U.S.Avengers, Cannonball managed to land on one of the Kral systems of the Skrull Empire, worlds in which the culture is modelled on that picked up from Earth-based fiction. Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby for the Fantastic Four, we previously got to see worlds based on 1920s America as portrayed in gangster movies:
Cultural appropriation of the greatest kind. And now we got to see them move on a few decades and base a culture of a TV show that is, basically, the world of Archie Comics, with only a slight filter against intellectual property theft. Riverdale becomes Glendale, Archie becomes Ritchie, Jughead becomes Bughead, etc… but with U.S.Avengers #12 we saw what happened when Archie Comics was confronted with… Riverdale the TV show:
So Kevin Keller is Keith… and the Skrulls try their best to keep up with all the changed.
Ironically, it seems that not every Skrull can cope well with change. U.S.Avengers #12 by Al Ewing, Paco Diaz and Jesus Aburtov, is published today.
US AVENGERS #12 LEG
(W) Al Ewing (A) Paco Diaz (CA) Paco Medina
CANNONBALL RUN Part 2
• Glenbrook goes to war – and the U.S.Avengers are caught in the middle!
• But do they side with humanity – or the alien invaders?
• It’s a final battle for the soul of America – over a million light-years from Earth!
Rated T+In Shops: Nov 29, 2017
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018