I did rather enjoy this scene in today’s Secret Warriors #9 by Matthew Rosenberg, Javier Garron, Will Robson, and Israel Silva. To all accounts, a standard double-page splash smackdown as heroes fight villains, save for one thing. The Dark Beast on the far right, who would be engaging in the fight — but is instead checking his Slack account or something.
One of those small details that can delight. And it’s reminiscent of Alan Davis‘s work on Excalibur. And with X-Men: Blue starting a new Cross-Time Caper, there’s a lot of that about right now.
Well, you’re just not paying attention, are you, Dark Beast? But your device down, it’s just rude when there’s a super melee afoot.
Just one of those small things I thought worthy of attention. If you see anything fun like that today, do let me know…
SECRET WARRIORS #9 LEG
(W) Matthew Rosenberg (A) Will Robson (A/CA) Javi Garron
VERSUS MISTER SINISTER Part 2
When potential Inhumans go missing, the Warriors search for the kidnappers… But an eerily familiar enemy will get in their way!
Rated T+In Shops: Nov 29, 2017
- Marvel Comics Send Spider-Geddon #1 Back to Print - October 16, 2018
- Archie Launches Blossoms 666 Horror Comic Starring Jason and Cheryl in January 2019 Solicitations - October 16, 2018
- Image Comics Launches Vindication in January From MD Marie, Carlos Miko and Dema Jr. - October 16, 2018
- The Weatherman #6 Gets a Cliff Chiang Cover in Time For Final Order Cut-Off - October 16, 2018
- Where In the World Has Poison Ivy Gone, DC Comics? - October 16, 2018