The new Kindle model, the Kindle Oasis, with a much larger 7 inch reading screen is out. But what it is it like to read comics on? Especially now that Amazon has incorporated ComiXology’s Guided View technology into the reading experience? Goodreads has given the new Kindle Oasis model a run through…
The verdict? Good… but not as good as their previous Japanese-exclusive manga reader, with greater memory capacity and the ability to flick through pages at speed, both of which the Oasis lacks…
What Amazon say:
- Our largest, highest resolution display— 7” and 300 ppi, reads like real paper without glare, even in bright sunlight.
- The first waterproof (IPX8) Kindle so you are free to read in even more places.
- Now with Audible, listen to the world’s largest library of audiobooks. Pair with Bluetooth to take the story with you anytime, anywhere.
- Thin and light ergonomic design with dedicated page turn buttons and adaptive front light so you can read even more comfortably for hours.
- Keep reading—a single charge lasts weeks, not hours.
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics, newspapers, and audiobooks.
- Instant access to new releases and bestsellers, or from over a million titles at $2.99 or less. Prime members read free with unlimited access to over a thousand titles.
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018