Nothing worse than having to wait an entire year for your favorite show to come back from hiatus, right? For Outlander fans, the waiting period has a name and everything. “Droughtlander”, the stretch of time between seasons, can be both a blessing and a curse depending on how you look at it.
If you want the subsequent next season RIGHT NOW, then obviously it’s a problem to be patient. However if you’d rather a good product, well written and produced, then maybe waiting a year or more isn’t the end of the world.
STARZ hit series Outlander is currently nearing the end of it’s third season, with the Frasers travel across the ocean from Scotland to Jamaica in search of their missing nephew. Production on season 4 is currently underway on location in Scotland (even though the bulk of book 4 action takes place in America).
Things have been looking pretty good for the historical fantasy series (yes, we can call it that even if it’s romance based), but official word about a season 5 pick up hasn’t been given yet.
Today on Entertainment Weekly‘s radio segment Outlander Live, Sony TV’s co president of programming Chris Parnell had some things to say about the early talks for another season pickup:
“In order to keep this show year by year and not have a Droughtlander, we had better start hustling on season 5 right now. I can tell you there are early talks on us doing that, to absolutely not have an extended Droughtlander like we’ve had before. That’s the goal.
“I’ll tell you that I’m in this to tell Diana’s story to completion. We want to deliver Outlander all the way through, just like Diana wants to deliver it all the way through. Where she leads it, we want to bring it there. I believe in my heart that our friends at Starz want to do the same thing. The worst thing that can happen is if we ended this prematurely.”
Only time will tell if the renewal happens. Outlander airs on STARZ on Sunday night.
- Outlander Gets 2 More Seasons Picked Up by STARZ
- STARZ's 'Outlander' Releases Season 4 Photo of Claire
- Outlander Season 4: First Look At Jamie And Claire In America
- Let's Talk About Outlander Season 3, Episode 12, 'The Bakra'
- 4 New Photos From Sunday's Outlander s3e12 "The Bakra"
- Outlander Season 3, Episode 9 Has New Music And Opening Images
- What's Going On With Disappearing Outlander Fan Pages?
- Watch 2 Scenes From Outlander Season 3 Episode 'First Wife' Now!
- Ronald D. Moore On THE "Outlander" Reunion And Wanting Fans To Want it
- Outlander Stars Talk Season 3 Ahead of Sunday's Premiere
- Whats Gonna Happen in ‘Outlander’ Season 4 Episode 7 “Down The Rabbit Hole”?! - December 12, 2018
- You’ve Heard of Elf on a Self, Get Ready for ‘The Predator’ Holiday Special?! - December 12, 2018
- Jordan Peele’s ‘The Twilight Zone’ Gains Steven Yuen - December 12, 2018
- DC Universe’s ‘Swamp Thing’ Adds Ian Ziering as Blue Devil - December 12, 2018
- ‘The Mandalorian’ Adds Werner Herzog, Giancarlo Esposito to Cast - December 12, 2018