We’ve already covered the petition that is going around asking for the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League. It has a lot of signatures, which is getting people talking. However, it looks like some of those signatures could be fake, according to one post on Twitter:
Turns out a lot of those "signatures" on the Zack Snyder Justice League cut petition could be fake. Talked to a few people who got notified they signed it, when they never did, and today I got thanked for signing it, when I never did. Are people this desperate? pic.twitter.com/JYYyQhKmVp
— John Campea (@johncampea) November 27, 2017
We’ve already gotten into why the idea of a Snyder cut doesn’t make any sense from a monetary perspective. We’re talking about a movie that already went over budget and isn’t making everything back as quickly as investors would like. They aren’t going to dump more money into finishing CGI for a home release of a movie that is looking like it might not break even. The fact that someone could be using other people’s email addresses to sign the petition isn’t even that surprising, since there are some fans taking this critical and commercial failing very poorly.
This is also ignoring the fact that there is likely a huge overlap between fans demanding Snyder’s cut be released and the fans that demanded he be fired a year ago. We remember those petitions and think pieces, as well. There is likely a lot on the cutting room floor, but the cut you want isn’t going to happen. It would require more work than people realize, including recoloring the entire final fight scene.
On the left is a shot from the trailer released in March. On the right is the one we got in theaters. A movie that went over budget and is looking like a loss isn’t going to recolor an entire final scene for a home release. The cut probably happening, so it’s likely time to focus on the future instead of trying to fix something that probably wasn’t ever going to work in the first place.
Summary: Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy.
Justice League, directed by Zack Snyder, stars Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, Ray Fisher, and Henry Cavill. It’s out now.
- Website Finally Launches Outlining Plan to Turn Dream of Justice League Snyder Cut into Reality
- Warner Bros. Crosses $2 Billion at the Box Office, but with Zack Snyder Cut, Could It Be $3 Billion?
- Dove Cameron Talks Her Version of Spider-Gwen from Marvel Rising: Initiation - July 16, 2018
- How a Broken Ankle Helped Mission: Impossible – Fallout - July 16, 2018
- James Wan Talks About Keeping Aquaman a Self-Contained Film - July 16, 2018
- RUMOR: The Team of Awesome Ladies Set to Appear in Birds of Prey - July 16, 2018
- Shazam! Lights Up in New Image from the Upcoming DC Movie - July 16, 2018