Sony is going to be shutting down the live services for FromSoftware’s Demon’s Souls in February of 2018. The shutdown date means the game will getting online support services for nine years, as it was originally released on February 5th, 2009.
Atlus USA, who published the game in North America, took a moment to thank fans and bid farewell to Demon’s Souls online features on their official website. Atlus USA’s farewell is a collection of Demon’s Souls memories from the company’s staff. Demon’s Souls was the first game in the popular Souls series, which was followed by the massively popular Dark Souls in 2011.
According to a post the Dark Souls team made on Twitter, online servers will terminate on February 28th, 2018.
After 9 years of reoccurring deaths and frustrations, but just as many triumphs of dedication, Demon's Souls online servers will terminate on February 28, 2018. Play online one last time, and share with us your best Demon's Souls moment! pic.twitter.com/knIgmXLqFW
— Dark Souls (@DarkSoulsGame) November 27, 2017
After the shutdown, online cooperation and invasions will no longer be possible, and messages from other players will no longer appear no matter how helpful or trolling. Bloodstains, which show the ways other players have died, will also disappear from the game after the 28th.
Players will still be able to play the game, but without the ability to summon help, players will need to rely on summoning NPCs, which are far less helpful. Beleaguered players will no longer have to worry about losing progress after being killed by an invader. That said, fans of Demon’s Souls PVP will have to go elsewhere, like maybe move on to Dark Souls or even jump all the way to Dark Souls III.
As some trophies in Demon’s Souls are obtained much easier by trading items with other players online, players who want the Platinum Trophy for Demon’s Souls best move quickly.
- The Alliance Alive Receives Its Third Character Trailer
- Atlus Puts Dragon's Crown Pro Battle-Hardened Edition On Pre-Order
- Atlus Confirms 'Shin Megami Tensei V' Headed To The West
- First Details on Elite Dangerous: Beyond- Chapter Four Revealed - October 15, 2018
- Rockstar Devs Reportedly Working 100 Hour Weeks on Red Dead Redemption 2 - October 15, 2018
- Frederick “Freddybabes” Bird Wins the October Gwent Open - October 15, 2018
- Cloud Imperium Raises Additional Funds Following Star Citizen 3.3 Alpha - October 15, 2018
- Nintendo has Announced a Diablo III Switch Bundle - October 15, 2018