Earlier this month we told you about how Marvel Heroes developer Gazillion Entertainment laid off all of the company’s employees just before Thanksgiving (without PTO or severance pay, no less) and were shutting the game down on December 31st, 2017. This came as Disney severed its ties to the company, which was the catalyst for the game coming to an end. Now what few fans of the game remain are about to be even more disappointed as this tweet was sent out, letting people know the game would be shutting down immediately with little warning.
— Marvel Heroes Omega (@MarvelHeroes) November 27, 2017
As a little bit of justice, both Microsoft and Sony are providing refunds back to players who purchased the game, so there’s a bit of a silver lining to the entire thing. But the entire way this was handled from the layoffs before a holiday to lying to the fans about keeping the service open… there are a few people in charge who will probably never be trusted in this industry again.
- Gazillion Entertainment Is Shutting Marvel Heroes Down This Friday Instead Of The End Of December As Promised
- Marvel Comics Solicits For February 2018: X-Men Is Red, Doctor Strange Has Damnation, And Star Wars Has Been Thrawn
- What Happens In Vegas... Will Be In Doctor Strange: Damnation By Nick Spencer, Donny Cates, And Rod Reis
- Gazillion Entertainment Shuts Down Marvel Heroes
- 6 Infamous Moments In Brian Michael Bendis History
- Enplex Games Announces New Survival MMO Game Population Zero - December 11, 2018
- WBIE Will Relaunch MK Kollective to Prepare for Mortal Kombat 11 - December 11, 2018
- Review: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Gear by JINX - December 11, 2018
- Overwatch Launches Winter Wonderland with New Updates - December 11, 2018
- Fortnite Adds Swords to the Game in Latest Patch - December 11, 2018