Political Playbook reported that James Woolsey, the former CIA director and board member at Mike Flynn’s lobbying firm, and a key witness in the special counsel probe sat down for dinner with President Donald Trump on Saturday at Mar-A-Lago.
This has all sorts of implications regarding allegations of collusion, corruption, and the abandonment of the principles of justice at the very top of the power structure in today’s United States of America.
But this is Bleeding Cool, so we take that as read.
We’re far more intrigued that at the main table, where Woolsey is meant to have had a long conversation with Donald Trump, they were joined by Melania Trump, Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter, and his wife Laura Perlmutter. Ike was as close to Donald the whole evening as Melania was — well, probably closer.
Even his close family such as Eric and Lara Trump were sat elsewhere, as were Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and his wife Hilary Ross with Howard and Michele Kessler, Kimberly Reed, Lee and Erika Lipton, Jack and Barbara Nicklaus, Bret and Amy Baier, and Robin and Richard Bernstein, and more were sat close — but elsewhere.
When it comes to table placement and access to the first family, no one trumps the Perlmutters, it seems.
What they talked about, I couldn’t tell you. But there has to be a chance that at some point they talked about Spider-Gwen becoming Gwenom. It’s just the natural kind of thing that might come up in conversation, and I know it’s a character that Perlmutter has kept a keen interest in.
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who – Rosa - October 21, 2018
- Rosa – The First Doctor Who to Make Me Cry Since Father’s Day - October 21, 2018
- Trailer for Next Week’s Doctor Who: Arachnids In The UK - October 21, 2018
- Rick & Morty Exclusives From MCM London Comic Con - October 21, 2018
- Donny Cates Delighted by Funko Exclusives at MCM London Comic Con Next Weekend - October 21, 2018