After fans noticed an problem with XP scaling in Destiny 2 last week, Bungie promised and quickly removed the scaling system saying the system hadn’t performed like they wanted it to. The game director for Destiny 2 has since commented that Bungie has some big changes to Destiny 2 coming our way, which will be further explained in a live stream later this week.
And now the studio is once again deluged with player complaints after Reddit user Aercus gathered data and noticed something else had changed with end-game leveling. Bungie has since confirmed those findings via Twitter.
The Destiny 2 API has yet to be adjusted to reflect the recent in game change to earned XP. We are working on an API update to address the discrepancy. The correct value to earn an additional level is 160,000 XP.
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) November 27, 2017
The gist of this all indicates that players must earn much more XP to earn additional levels after reaching the level cap than previously needed. Right now, players must earn 160,000 additional XP, which is twice as high as displayed in-game.
- Grand Theft Auto Online is Buffing Gunrunning This Week - October 16, 2018
- EA DICE Reveals New Info on Battlefield V’s War Stories - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost Event Starts Tomorrow - October 15, 2018
- Hearthstone Confirms Balance Changes Rolling Out This Week - October 15, 2018
- Poznan Game Arena 2018 Reports a New Attendee Record - October 15, 2018