The hot success of Donny Cates of late, from someone whose comic series kept getting cancelled, to someone whose comics series regularly outsell X-Men on comic store shelves is worthy of note. No, he’s not exactly sure how it happened, either.
He’ll be heading North Carolina way in a couple of weeks for a signing of an exclusive retailer cover of the first collection of his AfterShock with Garry Brown series, Babyteeth. With an exclusive cover by Karl Waller for the Ssalefish mini-chain of comic stores (two of them) in Greensboro and Winston-Salem, both on Saturday December 9th, Karl will also be at the Greensboro signing earlier in the day.
The cover is limited to 200 copies and once they are gone, that is it.
Worth popping by?
TP VOL 01
(W) Donny Cates (A/CA) Garry Brown
Collecting all five issues of the first story arc from the hit AfterShock series, babyteeth!
Sadie Ritter is sixteen years old, nine months pregnant, and scared out of her sweet nerdy mind. Having a baby that young is tough, but with the support of her loving family behind her, everything should be okay. OH YEAH, and also her baby is the antichrist and it’s going to break open the barriers between the earthly and demonic planes and unleash eternal suffering to all of humankind. Other than that, though…should be fine.
From Donny Cates, writer of Buzzkill, Paybacks, Rednecks and the break-out hit God Country, comes a pulse-pounding new series with art from THE REVISIONIST’s Garry Brown! In Shops: Dec 06, 2017
- Humberto Ramos to Alternate with Ryan Ottley on Amazing Spider-Man – and More - July 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics’ New Logo for 2019 – Their 80th Anniversary - July 20, 2018
- Donny Cates on the Future of Venom, Carnage Born, and That Dog - July 20, 2018
- Donny Cates to Relaunch Marvel Knights: MK20 - July 20, 2018
- Fantastic Four #1 Has Orders of Over Fantastic 400,000 - July 20, 2018