Naya Rivera, formerly of Glee and currently on Step Up: High Water, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor domestic battery after an alleged altercation with her husband Ryan Dorsey yesterday. The arrest was made public by the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Department of West Virginia through their Twitter account.
Naya Marie Rivera (30 of Woodland Hills CA) arrested overnight for domestic battery on husband in Chesapeake, WV.
— Kanawha Co Sheriff (@KanawhaSheriff) November 26, 2017
Reports say that deputies responded to a domestic violence complaint where Dorsey told them Rivera struck him in the head and lip. He provided cellphone video to support his claim. Dorsey is said to have exhibited injuries consistent with the claims. Rivera was taken into custody and bail was set at $1000. She was released on a PR bond.
The couple has had an interesting history. They originally dated prior to Rivera joining Glee in 2010. She would then be involved with rapper Big Sean, but their engagement ended and she married Dorsey three months later in 2014. A year ago the couple announced they were getting divorced, but last month they filed for a dismissal of the divorce paperwork, signalling they were trying to reconcile. In both statements the couple mention the importance of their son Josey.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018